Wednesday, February 2, 2011

We must celebrate

The flu may have kept us from celebrating Joshua's birth on his birthday weekend, but we still must celebrate. So last weekend Nana, Coach, Great Gay, Aunt Joy and GG came to Starkville to celebrate Joshua's 2nd birthday with us.
Of course, sports was the theme of the party because it is the theme of our lives right now.


"Forget the cake, give me ice cream!!!"

"Since the ice cream is gone, I guess I'll try this cake. Look mom, no hands!"


"Are you serious? There is something on my face?"
Not only did we have a sports themed party but the gifts followed suit. Aunt Joy and the Woodsmen gave Joshua some pjs and a soccer ball, GG gave Joshua a bathtub basketball goal and Coach and Nana gave Joshua a real basketball goal.

some assembly required


"Dad and Coach are taking too long to put this thing together. I'll just have to do it myself."


A test shot on the new goal.

Sunday we met Aunt B in Tuscaloosa for lunch. In usual Aunt B fashion, she came prepared for fun. Aunt B brought a small birthday cake in hopes of having another birthday celebration with us. Joshua could not have been more excited!

"Hey B, this cake is pretty good!"


"Look, I made that whole piece fit in my mouth in one bite. Impressed?"
Joshua got a lantern/flashlight from Aunt B. He loves it.

A big 2 years old. We hope to celebrate all year long.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I can't believe he's already 2! Looks like y'all had fun!