Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Twick or Tweat!

Joshua loved being a St. Bernard a few weeks ago at our downtown Pumpkin-paloosa. He especially enjoyed the "football" under his chin. And let's face it, he is over the top cute!




Then last week he came home from school asking to be a "carrot"for Halloween. He maintained that no one suggested he be a carrot only that he needed a carrot costume. Those of you who know me know that I am not a mom who makes things. But in the spirit of creativity, I "made" a carrot costume out of fleece, Wednesday night. Thursday, Dave and I looked forward to taking Joshua trick or treating on campus as a carrot. But alas the carrot costume was rejected-sight unseen-and Joshua the Dog went to campus.


Joshua played the "I'm scared" card numerous times on campus and surveyed each sorority house from a nearby lamp post before mustering the courage to allow Dave to hold him and walk him to the door for candy. Maybe St. Bernards aren't known for their bravery.

Monday morning came around and Joshua got to wear a costume to school. With high hopes that my carrot creation would be chosen as the costume to show off to his friends, he again chose the dog. No hard feeling.

Monday night and trick or treat time rolls around. Joshua finally puts the carrot costume on. He and I both quickly realize just how bad the costume is and he looks up at me and says, "Mama, I want to be a dog." To which I replied, "I would too, Joshua."


Joshua loves Diego so the pumpkin was certainly a hit.


Joshua ran around our yard most of the evening welcoming trick or treaters and wishing them "Happy Halloween." We enjoyed the beautiful night and had fun greeting our trick or treaters.

1 comment:

Anita Kay said...

I feel shorted! No pictures of the carrot costume at all?? :)

He's a very cute St Bernard, of course.