Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What's Your Power?

(Note: The names have been abbreviated in this story to protect the innocent.)

On the way home from school last week Joshua reported the following about his day:

J: Mom, I am Superman, O is the Green Lantern, R is Batman and K is Supergirl. We have powers.
A: Really? Wow! What kind of powers?
J: Powers to change things.
A: Oh, well Superman, what powers do you have?
J: I flash bugs away with my flash saber like Luke Skywalker.
A: Amazing! What about O?
J: You mean Green Lantern? Well O's power is to take big spiders away with his new wing. But R has bad powers.
A: Bad powers? Goodness gracious. What kind of bad powers does he have?
J: R has bad powers. He takes lots of houses away. Like little houses. And I do SHA POW (spoken in a very loud voice) to big houses.
A: (trying not to wreck the car while writing this down and stifling laughter) My goodness Joshua! What about K?
J: K has tools on her belt to fix stuff...hammer, saw, wrench, screwdriver and a hammer. And G tries to take away rain clouds by yelling at them.
A: G? Well if you are Superman, O is Green Lantern, R is Batman and K is Supergirl, who is G?
J: She is Supergirl too.
A: Did you play super heroes with your friends today?
J: No.
A: Did you tell your friends which super hero they are and what power they have?
J: No. I just tell you what I think. I'm finished talking about it now.
A: Ok. Well what else did you do at school today?
J: Nothing.

1 comment:

bensmom said...

love the ending- typical boy! :)