Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wednesday's Wit

After spending a couple days with his Coach and at a table full of family after a beautiful wedding Joshua remembers to ask, "Coach how was Haiti?  Did you see any pirate ships?"

Joshua has been practicing writing his letters.  He was proudly showing off his work to Dave when he said, "Look Dad, that looks like an O or a chicken."

At 5:00 am I opened my eyes to find Joshua about 6 inches from my face when this conversation took place:
J: "Mama, is a beetle a good bug or a bad bug."
A: "You know Joshua it is really really really early.  Can we talk about this later?"
J: "Well, I just need to know before I go back to sleep."
A: "Ok, I think that beetles are good bugs."
J: "I thought so.  They are good like roly polys right?"
A: "Sure."
At which point he got back in his bed.

Dave was telling Joshua about a gun his grandfather gave him and was showing Joshua how it worked when this whopper of a story was told:  "My granddad, Coach, used to have a gun like this when he was a little boy.  And he used it to shoot deer. And a snake.  When I was big, I helped him.  And we went hunting at night and killed a zebra and it falled down.  Bam!  Bam! Like that."

1 comment:

Anita Kay said...

Snorting from laughter. I am so glad that God gave you such a funny kid so that you could blog about him and entertain me. :)