Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Does this come in a variety of colors?

Last Monday Joshua hit a classmate with a block because "he moved part of the building I was making." 
Last Tuesday Joshua threw rocks at a classmate because "she wouldn't play with me."
Last Wednesday Joshua poked a classmate in the eye because "he said he was the caboose but I was the caboose." 

Last Thursday night Joshua and I were getting ready to pray before bed and talking about his behavior during the week.  Our conversation went something like this:
J: "Mama, will you pray that God will give me a new heart?"
A: "Sure.  I think that is a great thing to pray for.  Anything else we should talk to God about."
J: "Yes, will you ask God to make my new heart black and blue because those are my favorite colors?"
A: "Well, we can certainly ask God for anything but I don't think you quite understand what getting a new heart means."
J: "I do understand Mama and I want a black and blue heart.  That would look really cool."
A: "Ok, close your eyes so we can pray."

No comments: