Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Hello, My Name Is...

Joshua loves Anna Ruth.  He talks to her and kisses her all the time. 
It is only fitting then that she smiled for the first time while he was talking to her Sunday.  
I have been trying to keep track of all the names he has for her:
Rutha
Anna Baby
Girl
Eyes Open (reserved only for the special occasion of Anna Ruth being awake)
Grunts
Baby Grunts
Little Rascal
Little Lamb
Sister
Missy
Princess
Ladybug
Peanut
Stinker
Sleepy
Cute
 
And with cheeks like this, I think Cute is a good name for her.


In other news: Joshua completed the Toddler Splash Class Swimming Lessons last week.  He was awarded a certificate and medal.  The instructors suggested that Joshua repeat the splash class as "he is the tensest child I have ever worked with.  He will not relax."  I talk to Joshua about why he was so tense, especially when they were teaching him to float on his back.  He responded, "I don't want my ears to go under and fill me up with water."  Dave and I assured him that he would not fill up with water but he worked really hard to master floating on his back with his head completely above the water line.

No comments: