Wednesday, August 6, 2014

First Day 2k14

Brother and sister hugs before heading to school

"I'm a Kindergartner!"
Joshua handled his first day of school like a pro.  I think he was a little overwhelmed on the way to school this morning and said, "Mama, I think the inside of my head where my brain is has started hurting a little bit."  But he was super excited to wear his uniform and new school shoes.  He admired himself in the mirror for a few minutes before leaving the house.

"I'm in Room 2!"
Anna Ruth is such a happy baby that she didn't seem phased at all by moving in to a new room today.  She just smiled.

Before leaving home Anna Ruth had to get one more look at the neighbor's dogs and bark her "good-bye" to them.

Walking into school this morning Joshua saw 2 ladies that work at his preschool.  Both of them hugged him and told him how proud of him they were.  I could see Joshua relax and become a little more confident after that.
After school he bounced into the car and shouted, "IT WAS AWESOME!"
Outside of that declaration he said, "The line in the cafeteria was crazy long!" and "We didn't have time to eat our snack."
So here's hoping that day 2 brings a shorter lunch line and a snack...school may be off the charts awesome if that happens!

No comments: