Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The results are in...

We're having a baby boy!
After waiting on the doctor yesterday for over an hour to have an ultrasound, we have conclusive evidence that we are having a boy. My doctor was gracious enough to spend an hour and a half with us looking at the baby and watching him move around (wave, yawn, cross his legs, etc). We really had a good time and are very excited to know. We no longer have to refer to the baby as "the d.l.f." (dear little friend)...read Prince Caspian to find out where we got that name.
It's funny how people, even those we don't know, tried to guess if we were having a girl or a boy. The lady that sold us a rocking chair last week seemed pretty convinced after giving her furniture sales pitch that we were having a girl. One of my patients claimed that because of "how low" I was carrying the baby, it had to be a girl. To which I would like to raise a point of order and reply, I don't think I am big enough yet for someone to comment on whether I am carrying this baby high or low, but he is a grumpy old man and I didn't argue with him. But now that I know he is wrong, I'll be sure to clear things up with him next week.
Thanks for your continued interest and thoughts. We'll try to do something fun in the next couple of weeks that will leave us with some pictures to post next time.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations! Do you have a name picked out and are you telling or keeping it a secret? We can't wait to meet him!

We find out next week if we'll have a little girlfriend for Baby Nolen or another little Tim running around.

The Armstrongs said...

Congrats for a baby boy!! Just read your blog for the first time. You are better at updating than I am! People, well, actually just my mom, kept telling me it looked like the baby had dropped because I was carrying him so low. I never saw it, even when I was huge. Everyone has an opinion. My favorite was I was in CVS one day with about 6 weeks left and the cashier asked me if I was past my due date. When I disappointed her with a no, she proceeded to ask if I was having twins. I figured she must have clearly never been pregnant before or she would have known that this does not make a person feel her best. Hope you are feeling well!

bensmom said...

yeah- a little friend for ben. congratulations!!

Kenny said...

I think you're carrying him more to the side, but maybe that's just me. And don't bother pointing out I haven't seen you in person in a few months...I'm fully aware of that fact...;)