Wednesday, September 26, 2012

"Just Working"


Joshua is very proud of the work he brings home from school.  He has been learning about community helpers over the last 2 weeks and has decided (at least for today), "I want to be a community helper when I grow up so I can wear a hat to work like policemans."
(Don't you just love the way he write his name?  Until this week he wrote it "Jo hua" because, "I can't make a s very good."  But this week his confidence has grown and his "s" has taken on a life of its own.)
 
Yesterday when we got home, Joshua looked at me and said, "Well mom now it's time for me to go to work."  He of course put on his hat and then his jacket because, "sometimes I think it is good to wear a jacket to work" and set up his office.

Allow me to take you on a tour of Joshua's office (aka the middle of the kitchen floor):
Please note his keyboard on his desk (his doctor's kit).  The keyboard is plugged into his tool box (far side of the picture close to the door).  The chair back is his computer screen.  He has his car parked in his office and please note his wallet and cell phone beside his work chair. 
At one point while he was playing he picked up his phone and said, "Hello.  Oh, hi.  I'm good.  Yeah, ok, yes.  Well, I'm at work right now so I can't talk.  I'll call you back."  And hung up.
After playing for about 1/2 an hour he stood up and stretched and said, "that's enough for today" put his wallet in his pocket and walked away.

No comments: