Wednesday, May 9, 2012

All Alone

This morning while Dave was putting on his shoes and Joshua was playing with his firemen the following conversation took place:
J: We don't want to be all alone.  When I was a little boy, I was all alone.  I didn't have any friends.
D: You've always had lots of friends.
J: But when I was a little boy in the jungle I didn't have any friends.  I just had a monkey and he was my friend.  And me and my friend monkey were all alone.  But then there was a tiger and he was our friend.  And then a lion and a crocodile and a penguin.  They were our friends too.

Today when I picked Joshua up from school he had something in his hand.  He said, "I found this money on the floor at school and there was something brown by it too."  Unfortunately my mind immediately assumes the grossest possibility.

At dinner tonight Joshua proudly shared that he and Dave listened to "Get on the Road Again" and "Poncho and Lefty" in the car on the way to school this morning.  He was also able to correctly identify Willie Nelson as the singer of both songs.  So glad we are exposing him to the classics. 

No comments: