Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Harlem Globetrotters, etc

Unfortunately there are no pictures/videos to accompany this post.  Joshua has been anti-photos this week.  Monday was Joshua's first TOT class at his school.  Over the course of the school year he will learn ball handling skills of all sorts.  Rest assured the next generation of Harlem Globetrotters or maybe Starkvegas Globetrotters are being groomed in Starkville.  Joshua was introduced to a couple dribbling/bouncing skills that he has only shown us once and absolutely refused to show to the video camera.  Hopefully I can sneak a video in sometime soon.

At dinner tonight the following conversation occurred:
J: Dad look at these boo boos on my hand." (holding his hand up to show off two very tiny scrapes on his hand.
D:  "Oh, I see them."
J: "They are like Jesus' boo boos on his hand that he got because the soldiers nailed him to the cross."
D: "Well, I don't know if those boo boos are like Jesus' boo boos.  I think that scrape is a lot smaller than where Jesus had nails in his wrist."
J: "You're right.  And my boo boos don't even hurt.  But I bet Jesus' boo boos hurt him."
D: "I think you are right."

I have had a headache all day today.   In the car on the way home from dinner the following conversation occurred:
J: "Mama, why does your head hurt?"
A: "I don't really know.  It hasn't felt good all day."
J: "Mama, did you see the motorcycle.  And we saw a firetruck with a ladder.  I think the motorcycle was going down the road and maybe he was going to turn on the road by our house and go to our neighbor's house.  Do you see the motorcycle?  Oh Dad look, is that the motorcycle?  I don't know maybe it is a different one.  I remember the motorcycle at the Piggly Wiggly.  Wait no, not Piggly Wiggly, the Three Little Pig store where we eat sometimes.  You know what I mean mama?  I remember the motorcycle on a trailer behind a car there.  Do you remember that?  Look at that truck it looks like a monster truck with those big tires.  I think it really is a monster truck.  Wow, those are big tires.  There is the playground by our house.  Hello tiny baby on the playground.  Did you see the tiny baby on the playground?  Mama, why does your head hurt?"
A: "Well Joshua, I am beginning to have an idea."

No comments: