Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Updates from earlier posts

In an earlier post I referenced Joshua being a ring bearer in name only for my cousin Trevor's wedding.  Below are a few of pictures from the wedding.  When Joshua saw the pictures he said, "That was when I cried and threw a fit at Trevor and Jessica's wedding isn't it?"
 
 


In other news Dave and I are still not getting much information on what happens at school.  Joshua consistently responds with "I don't want to tell you!" when asked what he did at school.  Every once in a while he will give a small nugget of information.  For example, today I learned that he was the "lunch helper" which means "I'm in charge of passing out napkins at lunch."  Joshua went on to explain, "But I wish I was the Caboose.  Because the Caboose is in charge of making sure everything goes ok when we are in a line and that is a good job to have, but not the door holder that is not a good job to have."  When asked why that wasn't a good job Joshua responded, "No, I don't want to tell you."  So when I find out the down side to being a door holder I'll pass that information along.

Joshua has been really showing off his temper again recently.  However, the tantrums are much shorter and even though there is a lot of screaming much less intense.  In the middle of a tantrum last Saturday morning the following exchange took place:
A: "Joshua, let's calm down and get a better attitude so we can have some fun today." 
J: (while lying on the floor literally kicking his legs and beating his fists in the carpets) "NO, I DON'T WANT TO HAVE ANY FUN!"
A and D: Got really cracked up and could not stop laughing
J: Looked at us and got up and walked out of the room.
I'm happy to report that fun has been had by all since the fun embargo was announced.

No comments: